Tuesday, August 14, 2012

AFTER-DINNER REGRETS 

I met a friend for dinner.
We ordered roast beef rare.

With lots of savory gravy.

A gourmand's tasty fare.


But that's  not all, please listen..

We had some shrimp in wine.
And pasta in thick oyster sauce..
It tasted too divine.


A basket full of sweet rolls.

Was placed before us two.
We age a sumptuous side dish,
As we drank some fattening brew.

Then for dessert, let's not forget,

The best course of the meal..

Was chocolate custard gingerbread,
We gobbled up with zeal.


And then the time had come for us
Go home, for it was late.
I went to sleep and had bad dreams..
No wonder... I gained weight.


I realize now the meal is gone,

The pounds are here to stay.

Unless I get it through my head..
Count points-- a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment