Sunday, August 19, 2012

GOOSEY, GOOSEY GANDER
Original Rhyme

There are several versions of this rhyme

Goosey goosey gander,
Whither shall I wander?
Upstairs and downstairs
And in my lady's chamber.
There I met an old man
Who wouldn't say his prayers,
So I took him by his left leg
And threw him down the stairs.

another version

Goose-a goose-a gander,
Where shall I wander?
Up stairs and down stairs,
In my lady's chamber;
There you'll find a cup of sack
And a race of ginger.
The stairs went crack,
He nearly broke his back.
And all the little ducks went,
'Quack, quack, quack'
 Please note: Legends are historical stories within the category of folklore in which the "facts" are not verified. Some might be true, other facts might not. 



 There is an unverified legend regarding the meaning of the first version of the rhyme.According to this folklore, the version refers to the attack upon the Catholic church by King Henry VIII.

No comments:

Post a Comment